Saturday, January 17, 2009

Fiction - continuation of Part One

....and I roared with fear as I ran as fast as I could to clear him out of my sight. I saw him chasing after me but I did not bother to stop. He had the look of a monster and from that statement, it was almost a self defense. I managed to get away from him and sat myself down on a humungous piece of rock while catching my breath. Smeared off the sweat that was dangling on my forehead and a flashback of his face came through my memory, he had a long scratch along the diameter of his face. He was as tall as the door of his hut, his back hunched as low as Derrick's self-esteem. Derrick is known as the geek in my school, extremely shy around the opposite sex. His head half bald. If I was mean, I'd say he was verging on grotesque. But there was one beauty that grabbed my attention. It was his eyes, as wonderful as the deep blue ocean. Pierced their way through my eyes without a doubt.

I had a lot of thoughts and unanswered questions wondering around my brain, the brain that got me high distinctions in my studies. School slipped through my mind and the thought of how much I'm missing my depressing life that I once wanted to bring to an end brought me to tears, plenty of them. I heard the sound of water splashing and the thirst that I felt was dreadful. I walked my way towards the attractive sound and got to the nearby river. I washed my hands thoroughly and scooped some water with my hands. It tasted so good that I wanted more endlessly. After I was done, I felt like a cactus as I had so much unfiltered water circulating in my body. Hunger stroke and my stomach was angry, grumbling and complaining in its own language. I wanted to feed myself but there was nothing for me to feed on as I was stuck in the middle of the jungle. This jungle was different , it had golden leaves. They made the whole jungle look gold, gold like treasure found in a treasure chest. I was blinded by the sunlight that was reflected by the leaves and as that happened, I thought to myself, "God, where am I?”

There was a loud crack sound that had given me no doubt that someone was there. The sound was loud enough for every Tom, Dick and Harry to hear. I jumped in shock. Looked all around with the vision that God gave me and saw the creature that had opened the door of the small hut. I produced the loudest scream that gave out echoes in the air. I tried to run but he jumped and landed himself on top of me. I used all my strength to get him off but it seemed that he was just too heavy. I could hear him putting effort to speak to me but I couldn’t be bothered as he scared the hell out of me. He closed my mouth to avoid his eardrums from being spoiled. He said, “I’m not going to hurt you, just listen to what I have to say!” He had this velvet voice that mesmerized me.


Due to the fact that I was mesmerized, I stopped moving and my heart skipped a beat. “I’m Nick”, he said while he moved his body away from mine. “I’m Tara Myles Green but.. you can call me Tara”, while I stared in amazement. He had a perfect set of teeth, white and all in their right positions.


To be continued….


Written By,
Juria Hartmans

5 comments:

  1. oh my juria, you're writing a novel of sorts?
    i know a girl who writes short stories. here's the link if you'd like to read.
    http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2008/12/28/short-story-blue.html

    p/s; who said you're english ain't good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ari. I said that cause I'm sure that your english is way better :). Also, thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm not that good in english. ainaa is probably better. all i know is how to twist some words.
    and your wlc. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ainaa is superb, no one could ever deny that. Can I read your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh sure dear. here you go.

    http://ink-and-charcoal.vox.com/

    it's on public. but some posts are on private.

    ReplyDelete