Thursday, January 8, 2009

Fiction - Part one

The best option was to die, to leave the world without ever returning, to make my departure fatal. I had everything I wanted without ever working hard for them. Depression might be the best word to express my sickness. I had not bother about a single thing that might affect my departure, not even my own birthmother's feelings. I was now the most selfish being that has ever existed. Hatred conquered my inner self,hatred towards everything that I lay my eyes on except for my slick device. That device would simplify everything without any doubt, pull the trigger and lose my soul. There, a done deal. Without any question, I'm now the only one who has the most power on myself. I could crack my own head with a hammer, hang myself till I lose my last longest breath or the simplest was to jump off the twentieth floor of a building and break all my vertebral bones. The best decision was made and it was to pull the trigger on myself. The device looked so slick that I couldnt help from admiring it. At first, it was just from a distance but as minutes passed, the distance between my lover and I became excruciatingly close that I decided to use him, use him to end my life with all my inner strength. The best place to carry out this event was the wide beautiful jungle. The jungle was the most appealing place in town for all my town had was just a coffee bar,a diner,a police station,a few housing estates, a few schools and other places that we could get our basic needs.

So there I was, standing still all by myself surrounded by the exquisite beauty of the jungle. My sweet man-killer gun was in my pocket. My heart was beating as loud as it could, a punishment for being nervous. It was 1.59 in the morning. I had to do it,end my journey.

It was already pointed at my head. I was feeling shaky and sweaty. My eyes rolled from side to side. I knew I had to do it,it was my only intention left. As I was standing, I saw a bright light shimmering my way. I got distracted by it that I forgot what I was here for. I stared at it with my eyes half opened. I wanted to touch it,to feel how it burns, so I decided to head closer. It was the most unforgettable ten steps that I have ever taken in my entire life. As soon as I was there, I touched it and poof! -- I was gone. I could feel my feet dangling but the strangest thing was that it wasnt dangling in the air. As seconds passed, I felt as if I was on my way to meet Death, my legs gone, my eyesight blind, my upper lip sewed to my bottom lip. The pain was unbearable, I couldnt take it.

Next thing I knew, I was in a land filled with wonderful creations. All the pain was gone, I touched both my legs with curiousity. My lips were not sewed to each other and I was no longer blind. I rubbed my eyes with my fingers and saw a small hut. The only proverb that was going on in my head was "curiousity kills the cat". I dumped philosophy and decided to be polite and knock on the door. A man opened and........


To be continued.........


Written by,
Juria Hartmans

6 comments:

  1. What an imagination girl. Ur gonna be a writer. Maybe Psychologist cum author..?Anyway..am so proud of u..hehehe..what a daughter i have..!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a MASTERPIECE
    juria the girl with words.=D

    ReplyDelete
  3. heyyyy keep it up! ur doin a good job :)

    curiousity kills the cat? well Tara better not mess with pandora's box

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha thanks for being all supportive Wipez :)

    ReplyDelete