Thursday, January 8, 2009

Reminiscence

It was the 3rd of October 2008 where I started to realise that I had officially lived 17 years on the third planet from the sun or Earth as its nickname. At that point, stress and anxiety had already hit from every angle. From my perspective, being hurt emotionally is harder to tolerate rather than being hurt physically. All I badly needed was a short escape, maybe a week or two. I wanted it as bad as a lion that wanted to feed on its prey. After blowing the 17 candles on my chocolate banana cake, I was awarded with a suprise. It was all I wanted, all I needed without any doubt. My sister had gotten us two flight tickets to a paradise island called Pulau Langkawi. I was very happy that I decided to hug my sister as tight as I could possibly hug anyone. The funny part was that she could barely breathe!

We had an abrupt departure. As the plane took off, I started imagining of how wonderful the vacation would be. While that happened, I fell asleep. When I got up, the plane was already about to land. As it landed, I could hear my heart beating. As lame as it sounds, I was truly agitated by the fact that I was going to have a vacation.

We checked into our chalet called Malibest. Greatest news was that it was facing the beach. We were jumping with joy. We got into our bathing suits as soon as we could and decided to hit the beach. By that time, it was already an hour before the sun usually decides to take off from its job. Countless number of activities were provided but the one that caught my attention beyond any question was called parasailing.

After spending a few minutes enquiring, I got to parasail. I had the lustrous wind in my hair and bits of sand on my feet. I felt the sand moving as it tried to make its way through the strong wind or in its case we may call it the hurricane. The view that I had was undeniably prodigious. I closed my eyes and felt the stress making its way through hell. Hell in its case was my 7th heaven. Temptations were satisfied.

When I ended the amazing adventure, the sun was already sleepy. Its eyes were half open and that gave us the alluring sunset. My sister and I enjoyed the view as long as we could. We ended the day with a good dinner.



Written by,
Juria Hartmans

3 comments: